Listen ‘n Learn:
- How breathing into parts of your body you can activate the sympathtic nervous center (i.e., trauma)
- Drawing wisdom and finding value in ancient wisdom
- How breathwork allows you to get through hard days
- AJ’s breathing technique and how to do it
- I Want You – Common
- Fragile – Tech 9 ft. Kendrick Lamar
- The Lost Angels Anthem – Blu & Oh No ft Kezia
- You Ain’t Gotta Lie – Kendrick Lamar
- Breukelen “Brooklyn” – Masta Ace & Marco Polo ft Smif ‘n’ Wessun
- Prison – Locksmith
About Our Guest:
Born and raised in the Heart of America, AJ MARS moved from Kansas City to Los Angeles to pursue a career in entertainment. Despite over a decade of success as an award-winning writer, Aj realized that professional achievement does not always translate to personal happiness. After a profound spiritual experience in Tibet, Aj’s search for an end to suffering led him East to Bali, West to Hawaii, North to Lake Huron, South to Tulum and even further beyond, in his own mind. He finally discovered peace right under his own nose— through conscious breathing, or Breathwork. Now, as an expert on mindfulness, AJ heals mental, physical and emotional states through the power of Breathwork.
Aj is especially intrigued by the healing potential of Sound Baths, Float Tanks and the emergent space of AR & VR. He has a Masters in Film & TV from UCLA, is pursuing a second Masters in Counseling Psychology, and has Certifications in Breathwork with Jon Paul Crimi, Sound Healing with Ana Netanel and has studied timeless wisdom under Olympic gold medalist Peter Maxwell Evans. Ultimately, Aj believes your breath is a journey in and of itself and with his compassion as your compass, he will lead you to fall in love with yourself — and your life — all over again.
Links ‘n References from the Show: